Digital Communications Specialist
Capulet is a communications and marketing agency that works with nonprofits and companies that care. We help organizations communicate better, with an emphasis on digital strategy and campaign design.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and initiative to this position, helping to identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of our clients’ advocacy work.
Roles and responsibilities
- Marketing and communications work for clients, which includes tasks like:
- Staying informed on emerging online communications tools, social media trends, and best practices
- Contributing to the development of thoughtful and engaging content strategy
- Designing and building landing pages
- Writing web and email content
- Preparing content for social media channels
- Running social media channels for clients
- Running digital ad campaigns for clients
- Participating in client meetings and workshops
- Completing research projects
- Project managing client work, connecting with both clients and Capulet subcontractors to ensure timely, quality work.
- Contributing to strategy development around client work.
- Contributing to marketing Capulet:
- Writing, designing and distributing our weekly email series
- Publishing, editing and updating the company website
- Debug issues that arise with the performance of the website(s) including troubleshooting and coordinating with developers and hosting providers.
- Collect and review web utilization data; monitor analytics and make recommendations for improved performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Relevant experience, preferably in the PR agency or not-for-profit industry
- Experience and interest in non-profit and advocacy work
- Experience using content management systems and marketing databases
- Experience in Google Analytics; working knowledge of the principles of SEO
- Experience with paid search and social advertising a plus
- Hands-on knowledge using major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram) in a professional setting
- Experience with collaboration, productivity and project management tools such as Basecamp, Slack, Trello, Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Creative thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven ability to work well independently and in a fast paced and team-based environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt interpersonal and communication style to interact effectively with a wide variety of people
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Communications Specialist” in the subject line. This position may be funded through the ‘Digital Skills for Youth Program’.